New Tools & Methodologies
Five protoypes geophysical systems are being developed and validated within the project – mainly under WP2 – New Instruments:
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - UAV
Helicopter-based deep penetrating TEM - HTEM
Electric Seismic Source - e-vib
The e-vib is used to vibrate the ground and thus allowing to map the subsurface using echoes to create visuals, in a manner similar to ultrasound technologies. It is is fully electric and broadband in frequency, making the images more accurate and higher resolution, and it can be used underground.
New and adapted seismic and EM methods are being developed and validated mainly within WP3 – Advanced Subsurface Imaging and Modeling:
- 3D frequency and time-domain electromagnetic modeling.
- Thin-sheet time-domain modeling and IP responses.
- New solutions for near-surface problems and related deeper imaging improvements.
- Generating additional data from sparse active-source seismic data with lower environmental impact. Scattering/diffractivity imaging, improved resolution depth imaging.
- Using background seismicity for imaging, source-free imaging and characterization.
Subscribe to our newsletter
+31 88 995 5055
PO Box 59
3990 DB HOUTEN
Smart Exploration has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.775971